Tuesday, May 6, 2014

38th Anniversary Musings

I walked up the stairs and confronted the Family Wall of Fame at the top - pictures mostly of our children at various stages of maturity.  But there are also a few pictures including the founders of Lois and Don Enterprises.  With an anniversary coming up soon how could I help but think back and smile:
  • At the family members who said it wouldn't last 6 months.
  • At the memories of the smiles Lois and I have shared over the years.
  • At the gifts given, both exciting and "what made you think I wanted that" (after the birthday gift of a waffle iron.)
  • At each of the children - how much they were wanted, the dreams I had for them, the excitement I felt in following them in their scholastic as well as extracurricular endeavors, their happy times and their disappointed times.  
  • At the friends who have come into and gone out of our lives as we moved from one geographical location to another.
I know I could go on.  But supper is calling.  So, as with the times that provided all these happy thoughts, I leave them behind too quickly so as to engage in the present.  But Lois, through it all you have been my support, my inspiration, my joy, my lifeline.  You bring a smile when everything around seems to be falling apart.  You are the first thought when I am experiencing success.  (OK, you are also the only one from whom I take serious guff.)  You established and managed the finest family and household I could have imagined.  Your success is evident.  


 You were mine from the moment I saw you walking down the dorm steps with long flowing blonde hair.  I will do whatever I need to to keep in your good graces.  Your happiness is all I long for.  Let's re-up this contract for another 38 years.


____Yes, I will                   _____ I'll think about it


_________________________________

(sign here)

(I don't even care that the NSA may read this!)

No comments: