Friday, December 5, 2008

Winner!

I was browsing Modern Healthcare just now. There, on the last page, was an advertisement with a familiar face. Harry. Real nice guy.

Many years ago I was a senior in college and waiting in a classroom for a new section of accounting to be opened. There were three of us. The teacher was supposed to show up and let us know if they would actually open that section.

There was me, and Harry, and a girl with sort of long blond hair sitting over there. We both began vying for her attention.

Maybe it was my good looks. Maybe it was my charming personality. Maybe it was because I was a senior and very sure of myself and they were both freshmen. I eventually won. I married her.

I'm not taking the ad home to show her. He looks pretty good. And quite successful. Probably very rich. Much like a winner.

But I was a winner then. I hope, in the mind of that cute blond girl, I still am.

1 comment:

Fawn said...

How did I not know exactly how you met? Nice story!