Sunday, April 24, 2011

Postponing the Inevitable - Getting Older

When the kids were young (younger) Easter Egg hunts were a highlight comparable to Christmas. As they got older they still liked the opportunity for sugar and the competition of finding the biggest and mostest. Even when they were in high school.

Since two of three are now out of the house (and the third only here because I keep hanging on) it seems a bit of a stretch to say I still have children. Now I have 3 adults.

Except on Easter. Because Angela is still here this week I imagined (at least in my mind) she would enjoy an Easter Egg hunt. So got the whole 9 yards. Picture proves it. When I'm farther removed from this nostalgia, I'll apologize to Angela for making her do this. Then broadcasting it. But for a few hours, I'll savor.

1 comment:

seabreeze said...

I can hear her now, "Oh, Dad!" But she did it for you. Such a doting daughter. You're a fortunate father. You can't tell me she doesn't feel blessed too.